Re: Oxygen8 keyboard aftertouch?

At 04:56 PM 6/13/2003 -0700, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

>Anyway, does anyone know if the Oxygen8 has this?  The website didn't
>seem
>to mention it.

Not in the sense you're thinking of.  The Oxy8 keyboard won't transmit
aftertouch from key pressure, but there's an assignable dataslider.  One
of
the parameters that can be quickly linked to this slider is aftertouch.
In
addition, I've not done it myself but I believe you can just as easily
assign aftertouch to one of the eight controller pots.

Keep in mind that there are also two other direct competitors for the
Oxygen 8: the Novation 25 and the two-octave jobbie from Evolution (whose
name I forget).  One of them may be able to send aftertouch directly from
keyboard pressure.  Personally, if I were still in the market for a
compact
controller, I'd be looking pretty hard at the new Novation.  The Oxy's
working pretty well for me at the moment, however, so that's pretty much
an
unnecessary upgrade for the time being.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil