Re: guitar synthesizers

> I had a couple of guitar synths many years ago that were interesting
> at the time, but the tracking was bad
> enough for me to eventually give them up.

I hear you!

> I was curious if any has made a guitar synth that actually tracks well
> by now.

well if I may speak like an idiot for my money the best guitar
"synthesizer' is still; one of the oldest the Roland GR300. NOT the
GR700 or any of the series after that but the old blue floor unit 300.
For more info hit up my Guitar synth pages at:

http://www.helpwantedproductions.com/guitsyn.htm

> What are the best guitar synths on the market in 2003?

>From what I understand the newer Roland VG series operate differently
than the rest of the GR series and they seem to track the best of the
low end stuff.  someone mention controllers such as Axon and I believe
that may be the ticket if you can find and afford one. Personally i use
an old Casio PG380 which i recent had totally gone over by the techs an
NYCguitars who put in new capacitors, etc. In the sub $1000 mark it's
the best midi controller I've played.