Re: (other used synth/keyboard?) (was Re: Oxygen8 keyboardaftertouch?)

At 11:13 AM -0700 6/15/03, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>[...] I'm wondering if there's a good old used keyboard out there that's
>49 keys with a good feel and aftertouch that would give me a few extra
>sounds as well as being a MIDI controller.  A sampler would be good, as I
>don't have one, but that's not too important.  Good feeling keyboard
>that's 2-4 octaves would be sweet.
>Any suggestions?

I'm using a Korg Prophecy for this sort of thing. As far as sounds go,
it's "only" monophonic, but with a quite interesting range of noises
available. As a controller, it's a pretty cool three octave velocity and
aftertouch sensitive keyboard, with a nice selection of left-hand
controls. They still seem to command about $500, though.

-C

--
 http://www.xfade.com/ | theory and practice. In practice, there is.
     cbm@well.com      |               - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut