SV: Live Looping Techniques

Interesting question :-)  Since I started looping on cheap "digital hold
delays" back in -83 the main concept has always been to not use
pre-recorded sound or pre-composed music. I was an "improvising
musician" before I became also a "looping musician".

But I shouldn't say I will never change. Right now I'm loading up the
CFC card of my Repeater with drum loops to mangle with foot pedals while
playing over them and chopping audio slices with the Echoplex. With midi
pedals you can do so much to audio in the Repeater so I regard it almost
more as "an instrument" than "pre-recorded loops". I mean, you can
re-pitch them over three octaves, have them play backwards, step on
stutter effects, change the tempo (while the main music does not change)
all by playing along and building different patterns in the Echoplex. If
I manage to learn it fluently until August I might use it at a gig
then...

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se