Re: Should a Boomerang Do This?

Leon,

> The problem is when I want to add to it using the stack
> footswitch.  The new material is added to the original but the volume of
>the
> original loop is reduced considerably.

Are you using 100% feedback or a finite number of repeats? At 100%
(infinite
repeat) I get no appreciable attenuation. In fact it seems like the
stacked
loops get attenuated a little until nothing more can be added. However, if
you
have the 'rang set to a finite number of loops then, obviously each repeat
is
going to be a little quieter than the last.

> A second questions has to do with the input level switch.  In the inst or
> mic position, it's very quite but the line setting has hiss.

I've found all three positions are quiet enough when the knob is centred,
but
become hissy when turned up or down. I've found it a bit tricky to set an
input signal to both be distortion free and hiss free, but it can be done
as
long as you have some means of gain control upstream of the 'rang.

I've only had my Boomerang two weeks, so take my comments with a pinch of
salt. <g>

--

  Ian Petersen