Re: essential loop recordings

Hi Andre.

I don’t really care for your work either so the
feeling is mutual. Feel free to not add me to your
history section. But I was there.

Fripp once took me aside and told me that I could play
things Adrian Belew couldn’t play in his wildest
dreams. I respect his opinion a bit more than yours.

Here are about 500 e-mails from people who disagree
with you and loved my work.

http://home.cinci.rr.com/terryblankenship/trancegodzguestbook.html

Granted my early CDs from 1985 did not sell that well
(only about 5000 copies each), so they did not have a
big impact on millions of people. I can see where that
would rule me out.

At the time I recorded these I had not heard anyone
else use an e-bow for looping. Fripp didn’t use one at
the time.

I hadn’t heard anyone else doing polyrhytmic acoustic
guitar looping.

The techniques I used are completely irrelevant. Its
the resulting music that matters. Was the music
innovative for the time? I think it was. You have the
right to disagree.

Here are a couple of press reviews form 1985 for my
“Daemon” lp.

Press reviews:
OPTION MAGAZINE - "Daemon" is an amazing electric
guitar tour-de-force, superbly composed, recorded, and
performed.
SOUND CHOICE - "Daemon" is a one man band release that
is the finest indy cd that I've had the pleasure to
review. A remarkably well performed and composed
collection that showcase an original artist and his
mastery of the technology."

Alternative Rhythms -features drum and keyboard loops,
and guitar
(from my Daemon lp in 1985.)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=4311

Dissociation - features guitar loops, drum loops in
5/4 over 4/4, and guitar solos.
(from my Daemon lp in 1985.)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=4678

Ketjak -features polyrhythmic acoustic guitar loops
(from my Daemon lp in 1985.)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=4303

Attention - features guitar loops
(from my Daemon lp in 1985.)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=4425

Harmonium -  is all guitar featuring  four different
loops
(from my Entering The Silence lp in 1985)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=4304

Entering The Silence - looped guitar
(from my Entering The Silence lp in 1985)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=4314

Trance World - features trance music and world music
combined with looped guitar
(Trance Godz - Trance World CD 2000)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=6575

The Alchemist - featues trance and world music with
looped guitar
(Trance Godz - Trance World CD 2000)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=8224

Fire Dance - My Harmonium track from 1985 with added
world percussion.
(Trance Godz - Trance World CD 2000)

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=8223

Have fun trashing these Andre if you feel the need to.

All the very best!
Terry