Re: Frisell -> essential loop recordings

> Can you guys distill it down to one really excellent choice for showing
off
> his looping? Maybe some of the others can be mentioned in the review of
>on
> the page, but at least let's choose one to head the list.

It's pretty tricky to pick one, but I'll certainly go with the suggestion
try the trio records - either of the Buster Keaton ones, or possibly Live -
all three are with Kermit Driscoll (criminally underrated genius bassist),
and Joey Baron.

But, as always, forget looping and just get every Frisell related work you
can possibly get your hands on - the guy's a total genius and one of the
greatest melody and texture players I've ever come across. I've never heard
a bad album by him, or even with him on (and I've got about 30, last
count...)

all hail the fris-meister

Steve
www.stevelawson.net