Re: Eberhard's intonation...

--- ernesto schnack <schnack@mailbolt.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:15:13 -0700 (PDT), Paolo
> Valladolid
> <paolovalladolid@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I did inquire about the glass fingerboard mod
> option
> > that fretlessguitar.com was to offer, but their
> reply
> > was they found glass to chip too easily to offer
> as an
> > option on a mass-produced guitar.
>
> Vigier makes a fretless guitar with a gold-colored
> metal fingerboard.  Sure
> looks cool.

Metal definitely works for fretless.  A friend of mine
has a metal fingerboard under the lowest 3 strings of
one of his Chapman Sticks.

Ned Evett simply prefers the tonal characteristic of
glass to metal for his personal guitars.  Like the
difference between glass slides, brass slides, etc.

I'm fine with my rosewood-fingerboard fretless - I
haven't noticed much wear from the coated strings and
sustain is not an issue with the Sustainer circuit.

Paolo