Re: MiniDisc suggestions

The Zoom PS02 the palmtop studio satisfies the requirements of silence
(completely) and portability. It has a good software interface for moving
files to
and from computer (mac or pc) and recorder, you just need a smart media
card
reader. Cards have come way down in price and the PS02 has been seen for
around
$179.

I would put recording quality at *fair*. It has 1/4" jack plus an aux in
for
stereo miniplug and built in mic. I would probably use a small acoustic
preamp
and a durable mic with a known pattern for directionality.

It is mostly configured for guitar, lots of amp models etc. that are
unnecessary.
Not recommended for field recording if you want pro-quality stereo
recording.
But dang, it is incredibly portable and easy to use.

anyway, another option

BobC

The Thumb Piano Project
www.mp3.com/thumbpianoproject