Nearly there: EDP Individual loop muting?

Ok, I'm almost at the point where I'm sure this Echoplex looper will do
enough of what I need to just take the leap and run with it.

However, there's one detail that I'm not finding in the online manual:

It discusses how I can trigger the start of individual loops randomly by
sending MIDI note on message. This is great, however, it doesn't say how to
STOP that loop. Is this a toggle thing? If I send note 48 which triggers
loop 2, then send note 48 again, does it stop the loop, though allowing the
others to remain playing?

I know there's the mute button/switch, but according to the manual, that
mutes the entire unit, which is what I'd expect as I'd damned well better
be
able to stop all the loops with one button.

This ability to start (which I can clearly do!) but then *stop* a specific
loop is crucial for my application.

Is this easily doable with the EDP?

Thanks (again),

Paul Sanders