sample & play/phrase trainers on multi-effects processors?

the other day while waiting for someone to arrive, i hauled
my amp into the living room and got out my digitech rp100
and played a bit w/ a "scaled down rig" (i didn't want to
haul out the 4 space rack that has my IPS 33 on top....
played around a bit w/ the 2 sec delay- max time
on the rp100 and found it kind of fun (AND SIMPLE!).

so i've been looking into some of the other multi-effects
boxes that have (longer) delay options or sample & play
or phrase trainers, mainly the korg ax100 & ax1000.

has anyone had any luck using the phrase samplers in these?
just curious, was looking for "scaled down options"
s---
ps-i already tried the zoom 2100 a yr ago, great idea,but
the plastic buttons didn't work on my used model...