Re: footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg House" <ghunicycle@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes

> --- Tim Nelson <psychle62@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I've been trying to come up with a simple way to route
> > a couple of loopers so that one footswitch will select
> > between running them in parallel, each with their own
> > output destination, and with running them in series,
> > one (a Headrush) cascaded into another (an RC-20), but
> > so far my experiments have been pretty frustrating.
>
> What about a simple A/B split? For example:
>
> instrument -> headrush -> A/B box: A -> RC20 -> passive mixer input 1
>                           A/B box: B -> passive mixer input 2
>
> passive mixer out -> other gear -> amp

The other thing I'm wondering is how do you manage to sync these loops?

I've been working with a DL-4 and RC-20 and I've found that if my timing
isn't
perfect, the two boxes go out of sync and it sounds like yak dung.

THis is why I'm going witht he Electrix Repeater solution.

I think Boss screwed the pooch when they didn't come up with a means of
syncing
to an external box.

Paul