RE: (affordable) stereo (live) looping?

At 10:55 PM 7/12/2003 -0700, Chris Muir wrote:

>But the JamMan is not a stereo device. It passes the stereo dry signal
>through, but the loop is mono. It mixes the two inputs into its mono loop
>and plays the mono loop through both channels.

On a (sorta, kinda) related note, does anybody have a hardcopy of a Line 6
Echo Pro manual with the unit schematic in it?  I got one on final blowout
-- so no box or manual -- and the online .pdf file seems to have the
schematic missing.

The reason I ask is that taking a quick look at the schematic from the
Filter Pro manual, and, making the assumption that the hardware
architecture is the same for the entire studio modelling line, it looks as
if there's no *hardware* limitation for stereo looping there.  Unless I'm
mis-reading the schematic, I'm not seeing a point where the stereo inputs
are explicitly summed.

So should I assume we're accusing the Echo Pro of summing to mono before
the looper because enough people have tested and confirmed that fact, or
because the specs states it somewhere?  (haven't had the little devil for
very long, but i put stereo in and i get stereo out.  could be the extra
echo effect doing pseudo-stereo, though.  i'll have to go in there and
kick
the crap out of it later...)

Sanity check, please?

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil