Re: Repeater and sync from midi in

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Echevarria" <sean@loomwebdesign.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: Repeater and sync from midi in

> Page 34 of my Repeater manual says:
>
> MIDI CHANNEL SELECTION
> Repeater receives MIDI information on the channel specified by the MIDI
> channel selector on the rear panel. There is
> one exception to the global MIDI receive channel as set by the rear panel
> selector:  MIDI clock messages are not chan-
> nel specific and will be received regardless of the receive channel.
> Additionally, reception of MIDI Clock messages will
> not light up the MIDI Receive LED on the front of Repeater.

Yes, we all learned that MIDI clock is global. What I wasnt expecting was
the note messages to be coming across the line. I actually had thought of
that earlier and had tried to turn that off in the MIDI setup menu of the
DR770. I was getting some flakey behaviour from the menu. The values
weren't
changing reliably and I was having to power cycle the DR770. It was partly
an issue with sequence of events and looking at that stuff too long in one
run that was generating some confusion.

> it also has this:
> Repeater's Track Pitch Shift can be easily controlled with MIDI note
> information.

Ok. there you have it.