Re: looping-structure

Many, many things.  One of my favorites is to start a loop and build.
Sure, I could do that with multiple people.  Then I'll stop feeding the
loop and begin playing over it.  Still something that could be done
with a band.  THEN I open the loop back up and set the feedback to say
65%.  I can add new stuff while the old fades until I end up with a
totally different loop.  That would be nearly impossible to do with a
band.  Sure one could get 15 guitarists to play the same phrase over
and over slightly lowering their volume with each pass, but who (unless
you're in Philip Glass's band) wants to do that?

So other than the fading/replacing thing, there's the question of how
do you get a bunch of people to play a phrase over and over and over
again.  While it's a great effect when all the layers are looping along
together, I think most musicians want to stretch out a bit and
explore... as I'm doing when I loop.

Mark Sottilaro