RE: latency issues--with modeling too?

A few observations--
Per Boysen wrote:
<snip>
BTW I too had that horrible feeling when plugging into the Repeater for
the fist time. But again, this latency is easily fixed by "direct mute"
and putting the RPT in a send loop.

That was only one issue; I had some others as well.  Ultimately, however, I
think the best part of using two EDPS instead of adding a RPTR as the
percussion looper is that the second EDP can be configured to respond
identically from MIDI.  RPTR will not do its thing from MIDI notes, and I
am
using a MIDI controller to send notes to control the loopers--so I can have
the same set of notes control both EPDs and have them on different MIDI
channels, thus requiring only a channel change if I want to switch which
unit is being controlled.

On the subject of latency--in my quest for the "right" percussion looper, I
acquired the Lexicon MPX G2--wound up using it as my guitar processor
(duh!)
and have noticed a lack of latency as compared with the modeling and
digitally processed guitar direct units I have been using for a while
(started with the Roland GP-16 ten years ago).  The latency is tiny but
tangible--kinda like a condom, I like to think--but the G2 doesn't seem to
add this latency, I imagine because there's no modeling going on (it's
older
technology) and it uses analog processing for gain.  Any comments on
whether
this is real or just perceived on my part?

The MIDI controller I am using for the EDPs is a Starr Labs MIDI guitar
controller, which uses buttons instead of strings and frets, and there is
no
latency with regard to triggering tone modules.

Also just got my copy of Matthias's new albumen--sunny side up of course.
Only listened to a little so far, but it shrieks "major release".  Nice job
on all fronts and thumbs up to Steve Lawson for his role.

In a related matter, I did a Google and couldn't find a way to order Claude
Voits's CD See What?, released on Disque Office, identified as release
number 65315, but I did find some other links:
http://www.swiss-music-news.ch/cd/cdlist01.html
http://www.diapo.ch/galerie.php/30,441
as well as Matthias's post
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200111/msg00724.html
endorsing this as another "fully professional release".