Re: which multi effects box ?

>EDP + TC.Electronics G-Major (or maybe M-ONE or M-300 or some suitable
>lexicon device)

Another great choice is the G-Force, but it's much more expensive
than the G-Major.

I realize you'd be way over your budget, but it sounds like ideally
(?) you may want: EDP (or Repeater?) + a nice preamp (Line 6 Pro XT
maybe?) + either an MPX G-2, a G-Force, or G-Major.  What a great rig
that would be.

That's pretty much the path I'm heading down, but it's a matter of
buying one piece at a time.

Jeff