Re: which multi effects box ?

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 04:31  PM, Michael O'Reilly wrote:
> ***I have roughly $1k to spend on a device that should do: JamMan
> style looping, multi-tap midi clock synch, in reverb one of the
> flavors should be infinite, and assorted stomp box style overdirve
> effects as well as all the other effects one gets in a multi-unit***

i could think of a few systems, but i can't think of anything that does
everything you want at once except for an Eventide DSP7000.

even then i don't know if it's reverb algorithm has a hold parameter.

but it's not $1,000. it's more.

methinks a Jam-Man and a PCM-80 (and some Danelectro pedals) would be
the best solution. the PCM-80 has the infinite reverb, and the
midi-clockable multi-tap delays.

however i should point out that if it's the Cobalt Blue-era Michael
Brook you're talking about he didn't have midi clock synched delays. he
had to set all his delay times numerically.

i just spent 30 minutes trying to find the site where i read what his
delay times were for some of the songs, and what delays he was using
but i came up with NOTHING.

i wonder what happened to that excellent Michael Brook site ...
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com