RE: Alesis INEKO and a MIDI throwdown

SteveK wondered:
>Do you just reach over and dial up  a new effect patch by hand?  What
>about
when lighting isn't that great, as is usually the case on stage?
>It sure does look like a cool unit though(and comes highly regarded).  I
just wish it had a couple of more features. (what else is new).

Having tried it out for a few hours, I really don't think it is a unit to
fool with on stage, unless your audience loves you in a way I have never
experienced.  Maybe Rick Walker can get away with it, but I can't.  When
you
change patches, you have to set the parameters--NO MEMORY FOR PRESETS.  I
am
going to use it as a set-and-forget device, no matter what context.
MIDI rocks and rules--I can't believe there are electronic musicians who
aren't interested in using it.  Oh, just for emphasis, I'd like to
say--chicken?
Let the flaming begin.
Anxious (or at least eager),
Gary