Re: Syncing Echoplex with JamMan?

At 08:02 AM 9/1/2003, Chris Payne wrote:
>We played around with trying to sync these two machines but didn't get
>anywhere! Can somebody walk me through it? I tried it both ways but one
>didn't seem to affect the other much. So for using the Jamman as master I
>have sync in on the EDP plus set the 8th note cycle. What else do I need
>do? When things are linking right should I expect to be using overdub or
>record once the loop duration has been set by the Jamman?
>Thanks
>Chris

If the jamman is sending midi clock, you should see some response on the
display of the echoplex. (the display action depends on if it is LoopIII
or
LoopIV software, which you don't specify so I won't go into that.)

Once the Echoplex has clock, you just press record on the Echoplex and it
forces the record lengths to match the length determined by the midi clock
tempo and the 8ths/cycle parameter on the echoplex. After the loop is set
it will continue to sync to the clock. all other functions work normally
from there.

Note that LoopIV gives you much more flexibility over LoopIII by following
the quantize setting for the records and such.

kim