VERY on topic live show this weekend...

I am doing a special solo show  for the Philadelphia Fringe Festival
this year. It is all live ambient guitar playing and  will be a pretty
involved set gearwise using a number of processors, looping devices, and
old guitar synthesizers from the 80s (including the Roland Gr300) as
well as pedals and such. The music, however, is rather subdued and free
floating.

The show is this Saturday at 9:30 and Sunday at 9 PM. It's a split bill
and I'll be playing the first thirty minutes or so both nights with an
interesting video/music group called LoVID from NYC doing the 2nd half
of the show. Should be a good time.

You can listen to a MP3 of one of the tracks online at my site at:
http://www.helpwantedproductions.com/HWPgr300.mp3
(This song is a minimal piece done 100% live using a Roland GR300 guitar
and a loop/delay pedal.) other songs are more involved. A CD Ep will be
available at the shows for $5.

Here's the info for the shows. This an official Fringe program so you
can check it out on their website or in the guide as well.
(http://www.pafringe.com)

David Talento will unveil his long awaited all guitar show at the 2003
Fringe Festival this year.  Titled Guitar/Not Guitar it will feature
live ambient loops and processed guitar sounds.  From the official
Fringe Guide: "This performance features the electric guitar and you'll
hear everything but the traditional sounds of the guitar. Using guitar
synthesizers and chains of signal processing effects moans. swells,
strings, and other things aurally emerge while the instrument remains
the same. Welcome to the world of Guitar/Not Guitar"

Also performing will be LoVID:  "a performance duo who appear as
cyborg-video puppets wearing unique video-wear embroided with 14 LCD
monitors. LoVID has tour extensively and performed this past July at the
Institute of Contemporary art in London."

WHO:     David Talento and LoVID
WHERE: Fringe main stage 205 Race Street Phila PA
WHEN:   Two Shows:
Saturday Sept. 6th, 9:30 PM
Sunday Sept. 7th, 9:00 PM

Hope to see some of your there. Please come up and introduce yourself
after the show!
HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.