Y2K3 LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL (posting from Rick Walker)

Rick Walker asked me to foward this email to the Looper's Delight List
since
his email is acting up on him.  Personally I'm extremely excited about the
event this year, and you should be too!
Jon

*************************
Hi Live Loopers,  Rick Walker here:

There are a very  limited amount of performance spaces left for
this year's Y2K3 LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL to be held
on October 10th, 11th and 12th  at the Cayuga Vault
in Santa Cruz, California.....................www.cayugavault.com.

There are between 30 and 40 loopers who will be performing.

All performances will be donated by the artists.

All proceeds, if any, will go into a fund to pay for venue rental
and publicity costs in the next year so that we can bring out of country
loopers  or loopers from far away to Northern California and at least
present them with one gig where they can make all of the
money.............lol.

Set lengths are 30 minutes for each artist on two stages that alternate
continually with NO SET CHANGES.
Consequently there is a strict 20 minute set up time and 10 minute
breakdown
time.
Longer setup times will, regretfully be taken of the performers
performance.
Longer breakdown times will
be taken of the set time of the next looping artist.

We have to do this in order to accomodate this huge roster of  artists so
please think cooperatively............thanks.

Interested loopers should send me a CD, MP3 (NOT via e-mail) or cassette
recording of your work to this address AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...........I
probably won't
be able to consider anything that comes in later than Tuesday of next week
due to the volume of work that is
necessary to make this thing a success  :

Y2K3 LoopFest
412 Darwin Street
Santa Cruz, California
95062-2629
Include your e-mail address............this is very important.

Please do not E-mail me,  (unless I already know you).   Please respect
this
wish as I am inundated with all of the donated time it is taking me to
produce this gargantuan affair.

We have a great roster of artists already signed up, including

Featured artists:

Garether Whittock (Swansea, Wales)
Michael Klobuchar (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
Jimmy George (Boulder, Colorado)
Ted Killian (Ashland, Oregon)

and Californians:

AmyX Neuburg (San Francisco, California)
Bill Walker (Santa Cruz, California)
Brian Kenney Fresno (you figure this one out.......lol)
Max Valentino (Tehachipi, California)

The schedule is as follows:

Friday Night:
"night of the living guitars"     (with featured artist,  Bill Walker)

Saturday Day
"the 1st Percussion Live Looping Festival  (with featured artist  Amy X
Neuburg)

Saturday night ( with featured artist, all the way from Wales, Gareth
Whittock)

Sunday day (with featured artist: Max Valentino)

and Sunday night  (with featured artist Brian Kenney Fresno)