Daniel Lapp - Looper of violins, trumpet, etc.

I attended a solo show by Daniel Lapp this past
Saturday.    For at least half his songs, he used live
looping to build up arrangements of his music and/or
accompany his vocals when he chose to sing.  The
instruments he looped included acoustic violin, a
6-string electric violin that reached into the
cello/viola range, trumpet, and a 4-string guitar.  He
also played piano.  Though he did't loop the piano, he
play it and sing along with loops created on his other
instruments.  He's yet another example of a good
songwriter and fantastic overall musician who
effectively works live looping into his shows.

His website is http://www.daniellapp.com. I purchased
the  CD _Closer Than They Appear_ by his group
Lappelectro.  The guy who sold it to me said it was a
fusion album.  It turned out to be pretty good
jazz/fusion/electronica hybrid music.  I may order his
Reunion CD (which is more oriented towards traditional
fiddling) too.

Paolo