Re: Was Re: Line6 loopers, now Acoustic Pickups.

I have two S.D. Mag Mic for both my acoustic guitars. I love these
transducers,
they are quiet and allow flexibility with the controls (mic mix + volume).
They are
very flexible and no noise and feedback (minimul). I run through a Yamaha
AG
stomp box which goes to line6 looper. I don't perform yet, but I'm havin
fun.

;-) Greg

>From: JustinFobes@aol.com
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Was Re: Line6 loopers, now Acoustic Pickups.
>Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:05:32 EDT
>
>In a message dated 9/9/03 1:01:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
>goddard.duncan@mtvne.com writes:
>
> > the crap that comes out of tv's (and I'm speaking of the EM radiation,
>not
> > the content) gets everywhere and guitars can only avoid picking it up
>when
> > fitted with decent humbuckers. unfortunately, this rather limits what
>you can
> > do with the guitar....
> > one idea, though, and not a new one by any means, is to adopt the
>alembic
> > trick of using a dummy pickup to do the humbucking. this would have to
>be
> > carefully level matched with whatever combination of real pickups you
>happen to be
> > using.
> >
> > there is probably a market for something that automatically performs
> > noise-cancellation in this manner, like these noise-cancelling
>headphones that you
> > can get. the shash that you're catching from the tv sets is pretty
> > omnidirectional.
> >
> > but you could start by finding an old single-coil pickup, which you
>could
> > glue underneath the scratchplate somewhere. to be effective, it ought
>be in
> > the same plane as the other pickups, and roughly the same impedance.
>take out
> > the polepieces and wire it through a pull-switch pot, so you can
>fine-tune
> > the phase and balance.
> >
> > alternatively, you could work on the proprietors to switch to plasma
> > screens..... or set up in some sort of metal cage and run a ground
>wire.
>you could
> > have a sign on the front: "don't feed the looper- beer only".
> >
> > duncan.
> >

>Thanks, unfortunately, my Lowden O-35 will not allow me more than one
>pickup
>at a time (She's a lil hi spirited . . .), I may just replace my Sunrise
>with
>a Seymour Duncan MicMag.  Good reviews on H-C.  Anyone experienced here?
><A HREF="http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Justin_Fobes/">
>-Justin Fobes
>http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Justin_Fobes/</A>

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon