Confessions of a Guerilla Looper

Hi all--
Slow on the list, thought I'd share what's new--
Played a job yesterday for the LA Public Library, Grandparents and Kids
luncheon (no kids in evidence) doing a patriotic one man band show (schlock
and schick, but sincerely presented) and in the course of two hours managed
to include my looped version of Wildwood Flower, as well as a couple of
others.  They probably liked that better than my presentation of Heart of
Rock and Roll (what was I thinking?) or my butchering of The Stars and
Stripes Forever (note to self--next time practice BEFORE the gig).
Also, I did some guerila looping at the Oak Creek Market in Sedona, Arizona
on Monday.  We were in town after catching list members Bill Fox and Greg
Waltzer performing at Arcosanti (!) in the Prescott area of Arizona and
visiting the Grand Canyon.  I snuck out of the motel room--had my stuff
with
me because I have a steady now downtown at the Hyatt 3-7 pm poolside (come
say hi and maybe I'll loop by the pool) every Friday and we left right
after
the gig.  Anyway, the hourlong impromptu performance must have gone well,
as
they did not ask me to stop or for that matter who was paying me (avoid eye
contact).  I did chat with some folks from Ohio, there doing shopping (what
else is there?) and sightseeing (oh yeah).
Gotta go, here comes Candy,
Gary