Re: Shawn Lane

Thanks for relaying the news,

In a message dated 9/29/03 12:00:25 PM, jcshirke@midway.uchicago.edu
writes:

>This has absolutely nothing to do with looping, but it has everything
>to do with guitar. I just got the news that Shawn Lane died on Friday
>at age 40. For more info: www.noproblemhere.com.
>
>Sorry to intrude, but I'm pretty stunned. The guy was incredible.

I never cared for his debut solo record "Powers of 10" but his more
recent, world music influenced stuff with Jonas Hellborg is stellar.
I saw him play his butt off at an Anaheim NAMM show some years
back and was simply blown away. I like to think of myself as one
who is not greatly  impressed by displays of extreme technique . . .
but Shawn Lane was something else. I was sorry to hear the news.
BTW, I think he may have done a little looping on Michael Shrieve's
"Two Doors" . . . another great disc that also features guitarist
(and looper) Bill Frisell on half of the tracks. That's one I'd highly
recommend to anyone interested.

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian