Max Valentino and the Featured Artist Status at Y2K3

Hi everyone,

In a frantic scramble to rearrange the schedule for the Y2K3 Live Looping
Festival next weekend
I accidentally forgot to transfer the fact that Max Valentino is one of our
featured artists this year.

Max will be playing at 9:30 p.m.  on Saturday, October 11th.

I really wanted to honor Max (and several loopers this year) with a
featured
artist designation.  Each one of them has
a special reason why I thought they deserved to be specially recognized but
Max has been really aggressive about
promoting live looping in the Bakersfield/Tehachipi area and other places
in
Southern California.   Not only is he
a wonderful artist but he is also a prolific teacher and is turning young
artists on to what we do all the time.

You know, Mark Sottilaro, took me to task for having a featured artist
categorization this year.

I wanted to explain where I'm coming from so everyone knows.

Firstly, the designation  is NOT A COMPETITION, but an acknowledgement.

 If I continue to do this festival (which I hope to do), I will be rotating
this award.

 I just realized that there are several people (includingartists who will
perform this year who did not recieve that small accolade) who are really
doing important work in their live looping acts.  I also was inspired by
Hans Lindauer's spicing up Looptock this year with
a Website of the Year Award (Kim is going to win this puppy every year,
don't you think?   lol).   It just made Loopstock more
fun and it added an element of ritual to it.

I would have also continued in this tradtion by having Richard Zvonar
finish
his looping history but other events have  prevented him from doing this.

Also, everyone is donating their time to this festival (and the Loopstocks'
too, for that matter) and I wanted  a little something
to send people back with.

It is a small thing but to claim that you are a featured artist at a music
festival is an incredibly great thing to put on your resume
when you are trying to secure spots in other festivals or appy for
granting.
This is a small honor and one of the only things I can give back to some of
the outstanding artists who will be playing (besides my donated work
producing, publicizing and planning the festival).

Once again:

It is NOT A COMPETITION, but an acknowledgement.   If I continue to do this
festival (which I hope to do), I will be rotating this award.

Please take this in the spirit with which it was presented.  To make the
show a better show each year and to acknowledge people

thanks everyone............yours, in the spirit of promoting live looping
wherever we can,
Rick Walker (festival organizer: Y2K3 LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL)
www.looppool.info