From: "Rick Walker/Loop.pooL" <looppool@cruzio.com>
Sent: Oct 6, 2003 10:15 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Rick responds to Andres response to Rick's response to
Mark................LOL

Dear Andre,

That is as clear as clear can be and duly noted for the future.

Thankfully, by the way, in this area,  all this loop festival nonsense
(with it's inconvenient set up times) has generated a lot of publicity
and has resulted in several corporate entertainment companies in the bay
area opening up to the possibilities of live loop artists playing in the
spots
that have traditionally been reserved for jazz quartets (play 'girl from
ipanema').
I've also been hired by 1st Night celebrations, musuems, coffee shops, art
exhibits,
private parties

These are lucrative gigs and they have opened up because we did these
festivals
and got people in this area to pay attention to this 'new' thing.  Of
course, it's not new, but to the
average listener it is wierd and exotic to see a musician clone themselves
and then slice and
dice it all up as an artform.

Also,  Bill and I opened for Michelle Shocked  the other night because the
promoters had
heard of our loop festival exploits all the way in the Boston area.

The festivals have their drawbacks, for sure...........but all big summer
music festivals do.
None of the big ones have times for soundchecks (including the ones that
are
very famous
and pay a lot of money).

the festivals then ....................1) create community solidarity
````````````````````````````````````````2)  make artists feel supported
(including artists just starting out)
                                                  3)  create a lot of
publicity which will help in the days to come
                                                  4) are a whole hell of a
lot of fun, but not for everyone.

I'm sad you don't play them and sad that all they are is frustrating for
you...............but I accept that it's not your thing.

By the way,   your  CD is really great...............I'm listening to it
now.

yours, respectfully ,   Rick

Blue