Re: OT -- oberheim matrix 1000 vs. matrix 6 ???

At 01:04 AM 10/8/2003 +0900, Sunao Inami wrote:
>Hi Dylan,
>
>Sounds are some different, but  Access Programmer is very useful and
>rare..
>and it can recording SysEx data by real time.turning knob is non stress
>for making sounds..

Oooh, good point!  I'd overlooked it in the original post, but if you ever
wanted to turn the 1000+Programmer back around, you could probably pick up
most of the total purchase price on the Programmer alone.

One related caveat which affects both the 1000 & 6r, however.  They don't
like having their parameters tweaked in realtime via sysex.  I've done
this
via both Fadermaster and sequencer merely to manually control the filter
cutoff, and it results in some 'zipper noise' and stuttering within that
parameter.  It won't crash the machine or anything, it just sounds
weird.  Not entirely uninteresting, but not what I was going for either
(if
you're into Glitch you may feel differently).  Perhaps the Programmer has
way around this, although I think the problem is actually related to how
fast the CPU within the Matrix can update itself.  So test before you buy,
and see if it's going to be a deal breaker.

As I said, I've heard this complaint from owners of both the 1000 and the
6r, so I don't think you're going to get an advantage here of one over the
other.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil