RE: Electrix repeater which 256MB cf card???

--- goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:
> >>I believe that http://www.newegg.com has Simpletech cards available
> that work in most all configurations (backwards, stereo, etc).<<
>
> both my repeaters have simpletech 128Mb cards, and they've both reported
>"cfc
> slow" during normal operations, like running backwards pitch-shifted and
> recording in stereo at the same time. (when I say "normal", I mean
> normal-to-a-looping-musician).
>
> I tried a TDK 256 and it was hopeless. I'd make damn sure I needed that
>much
> loop storage "online" before investing in one of the larger cards; you
>might be
> better off with a small pile of 16's or 32's; depends on y'r workflow.

To my understanding, it's not the size of the card, but which specific
chipset it
uses. I have 4 cards now, all SimpleTech. The 16mb card that came with the
Repeater works fine, as does the first 128MB card I bought. The second
128MB card
works ok for mono and non-strenuous use (loop storage), but will
occasionally
give a SLOW CFC if you try to do stereo or whatever. I just got a new
256MB last
week and haven't had a chance to fully exercise it yet, but initial tests
look
positive (formats, records in stereo, reverse, etc).

> in the repeater manual, it tells you what it means when the cfc light is
>green
> and what it means when it's red. mine is amber most of the time....
>anyone?

Sorry, I don't know that one. I may have seen it, but I just thought it
was red.
I don't actually look at the thing that much when I'm using it.

Greg