Re: slightly OT -- headphone recommendations?

Along similar lines, does anyone have a good recommendation for portable
headphones for
travel?  I've had a couple of earbud types, which are ok, but I'm
looking for a step up in
audio quality, something that will work during long flights (some of the
earbuds are not
very comfortable).

I've tried to do serious work with Acid, Reason or softsynths on
airplanes but find the the discomfot
and ear-fatigue from some headphones makes it impracticle.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Sony noise cancellation dealies.  Any
suggestion would be appreciated.

gfd

ps. Also, anything that can mask the odd smirk I make when making odd
sounds on my laptop
on airplanes would be helpful too. ;-)