Gig report - This past weekend -was- Re: KEEP PINGING US

  OK then, Rick and List, here's a gig report from this weekend.
  To put it simply, THEY FREAKIN'-WELL LOVED US!!!  <smile>  The reactions
we got were actually what I've been looking for in Boulder for quite some
time.
  They were completely floored, saying things like, "It's great!, it sounds
like Crimson, or the league of Crafty guitarists!" or "we never get to hear
music like this in Boulder!, where are you playing next?"  We literally
brought in people off the street, going by.   The stage was tiny, and I had
my back to a window on the sidewalk, and people walked by, looked, did a
double-take, went around the building, into the market, into the cafe,
bought something to eat and sat listening.  A couple of friends of ours
watched this happen bunches of times that night, and told us about it
afterward.  WE were psyched!, and so was the management of the cafe.
  They not only asked us back, but asked us to be regulars.  Part of why
this is so cool, is because this is mostly an acoustic sort of deal, so we
are among very few electric acts to play there.
  I also had the opportunity to play on the same stage with a former
student, who's now a teacher in his own right.  <smile.   It was a blast!
They also asked him to come back and play with a singer/song-writer who's
played there before.
  We have the entire show recorded, and will be making it available for
people to check out if they like.  As I mentioned in my gig spam, we
alluded quite a bit to several stylistic elements from many cultures.  and
in addition, also did alot of groove-oriented looping, and interlocking
guitar and bass jams, intersperced with ambient soundscape sorts of ideas.
-alot of different textures and tones.  We even had a percussionist friend
of Chris's join us from the audience for the last piece to play Dumbek,
which I was originally supposed to play, but since the stage was so damn
tiny, <smile.   I didn't have nearly enough room to put my guitar down to
pick up the drum!   lol!   -Go figure!
  Anyway, alot of fun was had by all, and I just thought I'd send along a
lil' follow-up, since we seem to rarely hear about gigs after they've
happened.  -Hope yer' all having a wonderful evening.   Talk with y'all
soon!...

Smiles,

Cara

---

  View my online portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/model_list.cfm?ID=52516
  -Last updated on Mon. 10.13.03

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.