RE: Reapters anywhere?

From: Ken Melhus [mailto:ken@dangerlog.com]

>Hey,
>
> Just got an echoplex pro plus and I love everything about it EXCEPT
> not being able to save my ugly creations, so I'm pondering adding a
> Repeater to my setup. Anyone know of any used Repeaters in any music
> shops? I'm not a big fan of Ebay, but I do see quit a few go through
> there. Is there anything I should know/lookout befor getting a Repeater?

I have two Repeaters (one as a backup in case the first one ever dies), and
I think they're great. One of the things I love is the way it doubles as a
4-track recorder for grabbing songwriting ideas... even aside from the
looping schtick.

However.... if the Echoplex is working for you, and all you want to do is
an
archive recording, then why not just split your audio output into a cheap
Minidisk or flashcard recorder? That would be less hassle and expense than
picking up a Repeater.

Mike Barrs