Re: kaki king?

Hi all.....

I'm *new* around here, as I've (gasp....) lurked for a while :)

I saw Kaki King open for the Tony Levin Band a while back at the Bottom Line, and she basically just walked out on stage, chewing and snapping her gum, and then proceeded to blow us all away! I saw no loopers...she gets her layers from her excellent playing. At first, I thought she was a Crafty, but she used no pick...

Well, a little about me:

I've only been taking guitar lessons and playing for two years. Early lessons conflicted with night school obligations, but hey, I did it! Night school is done, degree in hand, time to turn my studies toward guitar :)

Here's my setup, so far:
Ibanez 6-string acoustic/electric, Ibanez 12-string acoustic, Fernandes Monterey Elite w/ Sustainer, Digitech RP-100 effects box, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, Boss RC-20 looping station, all into a Fender Reverb Deluxe amplifier.

Sooooo, I basically use the looper to practice with by soloing over it, but I am also interested in getting more serious about looping, with percussion, etc layered in.
I think I have enough on my plate for now. My next pieces of equipment will be Line6 DL-4 and the Line6 Filter Modeler, perhaps the Boss octave pedal. These should open some doors for sounds, huh?

I enjoy reading everyone's posts, and I do believe that I will learn a thing or two. I especially like to go out and see live looping, so if anyone plays in and around NJ, please post to the digest, I'll be there :) !!

Ed in North Jersey