DL4 with a mind of its own

Greetings,

I'm curious as to whether any DL4 users have had their box suddenly decide
that it had a favorite tempo and didn't want to do anything else.

I've had my DL4 for a little more than a year and just today was startled
by
this new behavior, which occurs when I'm using the box in delay mode.

After anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes of playing, the box
will give off the characteristic
"someone-just-grabbed-the-Delay-Time-knob-and-gave-it-a-twist" sound and
the
tap tempo will set itself to a different tempo. The Tempo LED will flash in
time with this new tempo and the LED above the active footswitch will blink
to show that the preset has been tweaked but not saved. I can't be
positive,
but I'm pretty sure that the tempo to which it changes on its own is the
same tempo each time.

It doesn't matter whether I'm using a factory preset or one of my own saved
settings.

I have been running the box trouble-free using a VoodooLabs Power Pedal 2
for a number of months. When this problem came up I tried using the Line6
line wart to rule out a problem between the DL4 and the Pedal Power. Same
problem. I tried a hard reset (knowing it would cost me my presets, grrr).
Still the same problem.

This was happening consistently this morning (after the box worked
perfectly
last night). I used my time-tested method of dealing with malfunctioning
equipment, which is to walk away from it for a couple of hours, and now the
box is behaving correctly. But that's probably because it knows that I'm
writing to you folks for help.

Anyway, has anyone experienced this phenomenon?

Thanks in advance,

hoby

Some days...it all adds up
And what you've got is enough