In the Repeaters defense

I have two EDPs and love them dearly (and am starting to even understand
them a little............lol)

but I've heard no one talk about two of the very coolest features of the
much maligned Repeater
that are phenomally wonderful for a multi-insturmentalist like myself:

1)   You can play a loop as a chromatic instrument over three octaves while
the machine
constantly does all the time stretching to keep the rhytms intact as you
pitch shift.

This either allows me to play rhythms with static loops (like me trilling a
single note with my mouth)
or it allows me to modulate a pattern's pitch and hence the whole harmony
of
the 'section' you have just created
by doing so.

All of this can be done with midi pedals used like ersatz organ footpedals

2)  You can have four simultaneous loops going with indedendent control of
the pitch and panning of each
loop..................with four separate outs going into four muteable
channels on a mixer, this is very, very powerful
as a live performance option

My brother is getting amazing sounds by using the output of his guitar
synth
arpeggiator (without the sonic output)
and rhythmically tuning his loops (from drone sounds to hand drum sounds)
creating really cool rhythmic tracks
that I've never heard anything like before.   It is  a simple technique but
the Repeater is the only instrument that
can do this so far.

Well, back to work on my EDP
sophistication..............................lol.

Rick Walker