Re: Loop Windowing

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> >I spent all night experimenting with loop windowing
>  >and and couldn't get it to do it at all by multiplying
>  >then re-multiplying,
>
>  make sure you are remultiplying it to be smaller than it was, otherwise
the
>  windowing makes no sense and won't do anything. Also, make sure there
>are
>  interesting differences in past variations of the loop to go back to.
>If
>  you multiplied the same basic loop and didn't add anything else over
>all
of
>  it, the windows will all sound the same.

this is for loop3, right?
To avoid confusion.
In loop4 to get windowing all you have to do
is use Undo after a Multiply.

..and it works whether the Mult is long or short.

www.andybutler.com\mp3\backwater.mp3

for an example of doing a long window.

At 2mins into the track I undo to reveal a series
of short cycles each of which varies from the one before by
one note.
What happens is that only cycles that are different to
the one before are kept in memory (if you overdub nothing,
the EDP performs a thing called autoundo). So loop
window takes you into the "creation history" of the loop.

andy butler