Re: Solo Loop Gig Question?

> > just wondering if people play alot of ambient, psychedelic free form
> > improv, or more structured looped chord progressions, to back up
>vocals
>or solos?

I try most differant styles and apply them at differet venues.
for instance i play in a coffee house and it is expected that i will be
doing mainly ambient textural work where as at a Gig type venue i play
covers by modern thinking mans dance acts such as Portishead,Lamb and
Massive Attack as well as my own songs (again structured affairs with the
looper used to build up a lasge omount of orchestration whilst i sing.
  I also do stuff with the looper being used primerily at the start to lay
down a beat and some small embelishments (AL LA howie day) so I guess you
could say anything goes.

Phill

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger