Re: Solo Loop Gig Question?

Relay wrote:

> Hey Phill--

I use just looping for my live shows (singer/songwriter Howie Dayish type
stuff).  I don't use backing tracks.  I have to say, in my experience,
that the
general audience is more intelligent and aware than some of us might think.
People know that I'm looping what I've played, and they are into it.  They
like
to see a composition build and change.  I think that if I played along to
backing tracks, the audience would know, and maybe wouldn't be as into it.
know that I wouldn't be as into it.  Looping enables much more spontaniety.
Every show is different.  I think that is one of the things that has
helped me
to build a small but devoted fan base.

My two cents,
John