Re: THE LOOPING TOOLS I USE

Ding!  Survey over!

The final raw data is available here:
http://www.mrscox.com/loopers/loopers.htm

I'll email Kim and ask him if we can post the PDF of the raw data
spreadsheet at Loopers-Delight.  Once we work that out, I'll probably
remove
this file and directory, so if you're reading this in the archives a month
from now, the link may be broken!

In the next few days, I plan to summarize the data in the same format as
the
1997 survey, and lay them side by side for us to compare.

A simple summary of the 2003 raw data:

The original question, posed by Rick Walker on 11/7/03, was:
"Why doesn't everyone send in which loopers they use live (or in the
studio)
and let's see what the demographic actually is on this list.
Let's keep it simple.   as a matter of fact I'll start it off with the next
post."
... and off we went for 7 days :)

There is some indication that people may have responded with echo/delay and
other signal processing devices in their rigs that are not used primarily
as
a looper.  The raw data, and this simple summary, include all of the data,
without adjustment.

94 people responded
65 unique devices were listed
310 total devices were reported
= 3.3 devices per person

The top 7 devices, ranked by % of owners listing that device, are:
1) Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro = 52% (49 owners, 68 devices)
2) Electrix Repeater = 32% (34 owners, 36 devices)
3) Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler = 30% (38 owners, 33 devices)
4) Lexicon Jamman = 17% (16 owners, 19 devices)
5) Kaoss Pad I or II = 12% (11 owners, 11 devices)
6) Ableton Live = 12% (11 owners, 11 devices)
7) Boomerang/Boomerang + = 11% (10 owners, 10 devices)

Below these 7 devices, % ownership drops to only 2%.
2% ownership (5 or 6 owners, 1 device each) = Akai Headrush, Boss RC-20,
Lexicon Vortex, Line6 Echo Pro, Zoom 2100, Lexicon PCM 42, Boss DD-5/DD-6
For devices below 2% ownership, please see the raw data spreadsheet.

Doug