Re: in defense of the FCB1010

Ok - I can appreciate the cars and houses analogy... I don't have any
practical experience of the Switchblade at all, but the paragraph that
caught my eye on their website was:

'The Switchblade can also operate as a central midi controller to send
"scenes" or sets of presets to your other midi gear.
In this mode, select a preset and the Switchblade sends a burst of up
to 16 different MIDI program changes over different midi channels (8
for the Switchblade 8 and 8B). Of course this setting can be switched
OFF too if you're already handling this capability.'

Obviously this is just one of the capabilities of these devices, and no
doubt not even it's main selling point, but it does seem to fit the
definition of a controller - no? I'm open to corrections here if I'm
misreading...

cheers

Paul