Re: dl4 volume problem

>> Hi,
>> I've had a line dl4 for abut a year, and been quite happy with it so
>> far...since about two weeks ago, I plugged a mic in the second input
>> along with my guitar still in the first. That shouldn't cause any
>> problem though...???
>> Basically what happens is that when I record a loop, it now plays
>> very very low (almost silent) and the problem is fixed if I plugin
>> something in the second input when recording!!! Did any one went
>> through something like that? (tried resetting and enabling/disabling
>> bypass, but didn't make any change). Many thanks
>
> If you are plugging the mic directly into the DL-4 you probably
> wouldn't get much volume at all.  You would need some kind of a
> pre-amp between your mic and the DL-4, if I'm understanding you
> correctly.
>
> John

Hi John, I'm sorry I've been confusing. The mic thing was just the starting
point of not getting any sound through my guitar. But meanwhile, magic,
I've
found the answer. I read somewhere that the dl4 keeps in memory the last
settings before it's switched of. So I tried that (putting the mix volume
up
and unplugging it) and it didn't work. Then I said "wait a minute", there
was one jack in each input when I last switched it off so I tried it like
that. And resetted it like that by the way, so I dn't know what did it but
now it's working again!!!!!
Thanks
Xavier