Re: Deep question(s) regarding EDP, Sonar, Windows MIDI latency...

Haha -- for some reason, no one wants to discuss this thread on-list.  I
have gotten three very friendly and helpful mails, all addressed directly
me.  :)  Thanks, guys.

Michael Stauffer, here, asks if I'm sending sysex commands to the EDP.  The
answer is no.  I'm sending simple MIDI note commands for functions like
Record, Overdub, Loop1, NextLoop, etc.

I do have MIDI-OX, which is another piece of the puzzle I forgot to
mention.
Because I have no MIDI patchbay, I have to use MIDI-OX to create a virtual
one, allowing me to share a MIDI port to use my sampler's patch editor (on
the computer), an FCB1010, and a PC1600X, and pipe MIDI clock to the
sampler
and EDP.  That's another possible source of latency.  However, even when I
wasn't using MIDI-OX, I was getting erratic behavior.

-J