Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V03 #820

In a message dated 12/3/03 3:59:52 PM,
Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

<< ...but if some can make an EDP controller from one of these
please do tell >>

Well.. for what it's worth (since glenn and I have already talked about
this
;)... this is what I'm currently using.  I use the FC-200 to control patch
changes on 3 different FX units, via CC mode to control both a Repeater
and an
EDP, and even dabble in note mode some (via a synth module).  The only
real
trick I guess is switching modes.  In addition to it's 6 expansion jacks
though,
there's actually a 7th jack that takes a FS-5U and is used to switch
modes.
You can set how many of the four modes it cycles through.  I actually have
it
set to just two, so my FS-5U changes the FC-200 back and forth from patch
change
mode to CC mode.  When I want the note mode, I angle my size 13 shoes to
just
hit the little tiny mode button with the edge of my toe.  Tricky.. but
do-able.

As for my current programing scheme... I've got:
the CTL pedal (always the same CC number regardless of mode) set to be a
sustain pedal for my synth...
the expression pedal set as synth volume
5 pedals programmed for the repeater (Rec, Undo, Trk 1 select, Trk 2
select,
Stop)
7 pedals for EDP - (Rec, Over, Mult, Undo, Insert, Next, Mute)
2 extra EV-5's (exp) for Repeater trk 1&2 volumes
2 extra EV5's for  instrument volumes
and 2 open jacks ... one of which I plan to use for EDP volume... the
other????

On the plus side... the thing is pretty rugged.  I've owned mine for about
5
years now.  It's been on a ton of trips.. checked in on airlines in
everything
from just a gig bag to suitcases, shipped all over the place... it even
got
run over by a car once.  Of course in the car incident, I had to replace
the
chassis, but despite caving in, the chassis DID save the circuit board and
none
of the pedals were damaged.

toodles,
Tom Griesgraber