Re: "UN"

  Thanks so much David, you're very kind.  If you'd like to do it again
sometime, I can certainly let ya know when I'll be back, and perhaps we can
play a gig or house concert or something together as well if you'd like.
  Feel free to e-mail me as well, if you need any further clarification on
anything we chatted about last week.  You might also check out Andre's
website, as he's taken alot of time and trouble to detail pretty much every
echoplex function there is.  -and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help
out truly interested loopers with questions.  <smile>
  So, which realm are you working in these days?  Cara's World, Cara with
Sprinkles, (I'll have to chat with a photog about creating this image!
lol!   -way fun!!!) or David's World?  To the list, David referred to more
sociable music, since I tend to use the plex' with other musicians in mind,
working with it very dynamically to keep it a living part of the mix, as
another musician would be, rather than just a repetitious noisy thing going
on over and over and over again in the background that we'd all better play
to or else sound bad.  lol!  I don't let loops play unchanged for very long
at all, and in most cases, not even one iteration of a loop, unless I'm
soloing or backing out completely to balance a mix with others.  And I also
have gotten somewhat used to dealing with drummers who either can't hear a
loop well enough or don't quite know what to listen for, so will always be
aware of synching on the fly in a  number of ways to keep the loop from
getting away from the music.  -or again, sounding bad.   So I tend to
really focus on blending the plex in with a situation rather than
necessarily being the situation.  Does that make sense?  -thus more
sociable music.
  Anyway, thanks again David, -and please lemme' know how things are going
wicha', K?

bye bye,

Cara

  At 08:07 PM 12/5/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Cara -
>
>After seeing your command of EDP capabilities leaning toward "sociable"
>music-making last week, I feel like a complete EDP novice!
>I'm still trying to grok all that I picked up last week.
>
>Anyone with an opportunity to see Cara loop would be well advised to check
>it out.
>
>David

---