Re: NAMM SHOW MEETING at a convenient location

Rick,

At 12/31/03 2:16:50 AM, looppool@cruzio.com writes:

>so I'd at least love to have lunch or dinner on Saturday
>with everyone. Where's a good place to meet?

Well, the fact that the "EH" booth wasn't in the directory last
year was definitely a screw-up on the part of the NAMM
organizers. All booths are supposed to be in the book. It's
not something that is optional or that exhibitors need to
pay extra for. Mistakes always happen however. So, I'd wager
that they'll not make that one again with the same company
2 years in a row -- but then again my estimation of human
corruption and incompetence in this case might be a little
over-optimistic. The problem with picking a booth at all is
the off-chance that the same thing is always possible with
any address you pick in advance of actually seeing the NAMM
book first (or on information based on last year's book). Also,
it didn't help that last year's NAMM manual only listed the
address for the company under "New Sensor" but not under
it's "Electro Harmonix" (EH) or "Sovtek" brand identities -- a
really big blunder on somebody's part.

I suggest we pick a landmark in the building that is NOT
a booth at all but something like the central lobby at the
entrance or the plaza out front (unless it's raining). I'm
sure there's got to be some fixture that is more-or-less
a permanent place that we could meet. I suppose that,
to whomever picked it last year, the EH booth seemed a
pretty permanent spot. They are one of the companies
that work to keep the same booth address from year to
year (whenever possible). Does anybody have any other
ideas? How 'bout the lobby area in front of the "NAMM
Store" display near the central entrance of the Convention
Center? Or we could all just shoot for booth #5396 again
(that's the New Sensor/EH/Sovtek booth). Wouldn't it be
funny if this year was the one year that they decided to
move elsewhere? Heheh . . . just hilarious.

I'll be there . . . whenever we do pick a spot.

Ciao!

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian