RE: sustainer system

Hi Luis, I'm sure both Ted K and Miko B who own these type of devices can
give you more detail, but it has been my experience that It won't have any
effect on the sound of your guitar, with the exception that many of these
systems require you to replace a neck pickup with the sustainer pickup. If
you love that throaty sound of a strat neck pickup you might have to forgoe
that sound for the sustainer. If I'm not mistaken, I think some of
sustainers also respond like conventional pickups, but I know most people
are pretty picky about sound and may not like the sound of the sustainer as
pickup. I also know that with a little routing you could put your pickup
and the sustainer pickup side by side in the neck cavity, thereby having
your cake, and eating it too.
Bill