[Fwd: Re: looking for a direct box for Repeater]

Title:
Charles Cohen wrote:
I'm looking for a small, not too expensive, decent quality, stereo direct box for my Repeater
Any one with experience with any of these products?  Other ideas in this price range?
Hi Charles,

May I recommend a small mixer instead.  Within or very near your price range, some of the small Behringer mixers have balanced outputs and so will be as good as a direct box.  But they will also allow you to integrate your Buchla and a few other goodies (if you so desire) into a compact and flexible performance system.  And there are other companies besides Behringer who make small mixers that might fill the bill.

Cheers,

Bill

==========================================================================================================
Host of Afterglow every Thursday at 8:00 am EDT on WMUH Allentown 91.7 FM.
Phase 1: Mixed bag of acoustic, electric, pop, New Age, or whatever strikes my fancy.
Phase 2: Progressive rock from past masters to comtemporary releases.
Web Site - http://soundscapes.us/~bill/afterglow
==========================================================================================================
Host of the AM/FM Show every other Saturday at 6:00 am EDT on WMUH Allentown 91.7 FM.
Phase 1: Electronic, ambient, and space music to bring you back from "Beyond the Barriers."
Phase 2: Mixed bag of acoustic, electric, pop, New Age, or whatever strikes my fancy.
Phase 3: Progressive rock from past masters to comtemporary releases.
Web Site - http://soundscapes.us/~bill/amfm
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient,  and space music show,  Thursdays at 11:00 pm
on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg.
EMUSIC web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
Listen on-line to WDIY at http://wdiy.org  and click  LISTEN
Listen on-line to WMUH Allentown, 91.7 FM at http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh and click the REAL AUDIO link.