Looping acoustic instruments with live mics.......?

Hi all,

To Tim Crowe (or whomever else it may concern or pertain to):

I was wondering what experience or problems you have looping acoustic
drums.
I'm assuming you have a live mic or mics. I have my drumkit mic'd up, and
repeater, with dry-mute engaged, in the effects loop of my mixer
(prefader)
so I can mix the drums into the repeater without them coming out of the
speakers (until they're looped of course).  I haven't gotten into it very
deep yet with my repeater, but I noticed the other night that I layed a
loop
down, it souded good, but then when I recorded to a new track, the mics
picked up too much of the original loop from the speakers, and it just
sounded bad, like a metallic reverby kinda sound. Just curious if you've
had
some of the same, or any other problems.  Sorry if it's not kosher to
contact you off list.  Thanks in advance.

Jason Spring