Re: Multitrack recording question

> It would seem that the time is ripe for the former CoolEdit Pro and its
ilk
> to be able to handle multi-tracking sound cards, so that one could avoid
not

CoolEdit Pro can handle multi-tracking sound cards ( if I understand you
correctly ). Currently, I have a studio set up with a Delta 1010LT and an
Aardvark Q10. Both offer 8 channels of analog inputs each plus 2 SPDF
channels ( hence the "10" channels ). I routinely record 7 tracks of drums
plus a click track on the Q10 while simultaneously recording 3 channels of
bass ( stereo FX and mono echoplex out ) and whatever other instruments
happen to be there on the Delta. CoolEdit Pro seems to do a pretty good job
but Adobe Audition would lock up on me at random.

The original CoolEdit only handles stereo inputs though.

- Dave